[Bese-devel] Now a problem of a different sort - solved

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun Aug 7 06:06:43 UTC 2005

William Halliburton <whalliburton at gmail.com> writes:

> Looks like the walker was setting up free-function-object-form name to
> be (setf foo) and this was dying on the symbol-function. Replacing
> symbol-function with fdefinition fixes the problem.

yeah, ran into that myself yesterday :(

> What is the proper way to submit bug fixes? I am new to darcs but have
> used cvs for a long time.

go to the arnesi directory, do a 'darcs record' it will ask you which
changes you want to include in the patch, when you're done you give
the patch a name. then you need to send off the patch you just
created. do a 'darcs send -o patch' and darcs asks you which patches
(of those available in the repository) you want to include in the new
patch file, in this case you'd just chose the last one. then send an
email and attach the file 'patch'. done.

do this often enough and you get commit privs :)