[Bese-devel] LispWorks and UCW

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Apr 5 14:59:43 UTC 2005

Juergen Gmeiner <gj at gjdv.at> writes:

> - if running ucw without threading and an error occurs, aborting
>      will kill the listener, and the associated log streams will not
>      work anymore.  trying to shutdown the server (so the socket is freed)
>      from a new listener will not work because the logging signals an error

[last question then i promise i'll shutup.]

I just commited a change to arnesi's logging stuff. We now check
whether the stream is closed and, if it is, singal an error with a
couple of restarts. This will require you to work your way through
another set of restarts when attempting to shutdown the server but, i
think, this is preferable (since you can chose to use the new value of
*standard-output* or *debug-io*) to just ignoring errors in
shutdown-backend.

do you have a better idea? does the use-*debug-io* restart work on
lispworks (i only performed cursury testing on openmcl)?