[Bese-devel] UCW 0.3.0pre0 - learning to climb

marco mb at bese.it
Fri Sep 17 16:42:08 UTC 2004

[this will become ucw 0.3.0 in a few days time (need to test cmucl and
sbcl)]

UnCommonWeb version 0.3.0pre0 - learning to climb
Released 2004-09-17

* Home page

http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/

* Download

ftp://ftp.common-lisp.net/pub/project/ucw/ucw_0.3.0pre0.tar.gz

NB: This tarball contains ucw, arnesi and yaclml. You'll need to
install a recent CVS version of SLIME, portableaserve 1.2.35 and
iterate (mod_lisp is included in the libs/ directory).

* ARCH parameters

Archive Name: ucw-2004 at common-lisp.net
Archive Location: http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/ucw-2004@common-lisp.net

Config version: ucw--dists--1.0
Config Name: 0.3.0pre0

* New Features (since 0.2)

- UCW package exports the public interface. New UCW-USER package.

- Inter action continuations now work as expected.

- Gracefully (and programmatically) deal with requests for expired
  sessions.

** Components

- Improved range-view API.

- Simple date-picker component

- Allow component threads and manipulation of component places.

** YACLML/TAL

- Improved form handling.

- All TAL extensions are accessable as yaclml macros.

- <ucw:option tags contain real lisp objects as values.

- Convience tags (and yaclml macros) for form handling.

- Improved TAL environment manipulation.

** mod_lisp

- Upgrade "official" mod_lisp to 2.38

** aserve

- Improved URL handling.

* Documentation

- Most public functions, methods, macros and classes now have doc
  strings.

- UCW document application provides a 30% complete manual.

* Portability

- Tested regularly on CMUCL, SBCL and OpenMCL with mod_lisp
  backend. Tested occasianly on OpenMCL with portableaserve backend.

* Note

I kept holding off UCW 0.3 until i'd written the docs. I kept holding
off that until i'd written a concordia like document system. This
release could have been made quite a while ago had i been more
realistic.

Now I'm going to try and put as much information in doc strings
(except high level over view stuff) as possible and hope the developer
has a recent enough SLIME which makes this information easily
accessable.

happy hacking.
Forget your perfect offering.