[Bese-devel] configs suggestion

Chris Capel chris at iBankTech.NET
Wed Nov 24 03:59:13 UTC 2004

Suggestion:

Include a build-config file just for the libs in the base of the ucw
tree as well as the complete buildconfig in the separate tree. That
would be much more convenient, I think, for people looking to get or tag
the dev branch. Then you could just "get" or "tag" the tree directly and
then do a build-config on the base, instead of getting the
support--dists tree (which really doesn't work if you want to tag
ucw--dev anyway). I copied the "dev" configuration from the
support--dists revision archive into the base of my tagged ucw tree,
took out the reference to the ucw branch, and made the paths relative to
the current directory. I also changed iterate to use the bese-2004
archive, as I don't know the path for asf at boinkor.net--2003p (you might
either change this in your buildconfig or update your "download" page to
include this archive's path).

This wouldn't be useful for releases--you could just keep doing those
the way you have been.

Here's my config now:

# UCW Current Development branch config

./libs/arnesi bese-2004 at common-lisp.net/arnesi--dev