[Bese-devel] RE: UCW on sbcl and cmucl (and restart weirdness)

Chris Capel chris at iBankTech.NET
Mon Nov 15 09:28:09 UTC 2004

Marco Baringer wrote:
> UCW currently triggers a bug in CMUCL and SBCL where loading a
> compiled file with a :default-initargs defclass option causes the
> :default-initargs to be ignored. The temporary solution is to just use
> manually load (not compile) the files which contain defclass.

> if anyone knows if this has been fixed in recent sbcl/cmucl i'd love
> to hear it.

I downloaded SBCL 0.8.16, and compiled a file with this in it:

(defclass test-class ()
  ((my-slot :initarg :my-slot))
  (:default-initargs :my-slot (list 1)))

and evaluated "(slot-value (make-instance 'test-class) 'my-other-slot)"
and got (1), as expected. So does this mean the bug is fixed?

I can load and run UCW 0.3.3, and it seems to handle requests fine, but
I'm not sure exactly how you were triggering the bug, so I don't know
quite what to think.

I am having one problem, though. When I request a page using the example
files I get a debugging prompt in SLIME with the condition
INEXISTENT-ENTRY-POINT. This happens on the request for stylesheet.css,
so I still get the actual page when I restart. I also noticed that there's
no generic method definiton for WINDOW-STYLESHEET, yet there it is in the
example. What's going on here? Is it just getting out of sync with UCW
development?

Chris Capel