[Bese-devel] ucw session transactions

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Feb 7 19:32:43 UTC 2004

we've got session transactions! have a look at
examples/transaction.lisp in a upto the minute ucw
(ucw--dev--0.1--patch-94). nested transaction need a bit more thought
but basically the idea is this: you setup up a start and end
session-frame, when you get past the end frame every action beteen the
start and end is substituted with an action which just takes you to the
final component.

the request-response loop has been completly refactored, i've
elimintated a bunch of special variables in favor of a single *context*
special which is a request-contex object holding all the various
"stuff" we need during a request-response iteration. in the process ucw
has lost a lot of error handling code, a bunch of things which
previously gave you a heplful page explaining what went wrong now just
drop you into the debugger.

anyway, if anybody wants to go stomp on ucw a bit i'd be happy to know
where it breaks. (i've tested lightly and only on openmcl + aserve.)

--
Marco