[asdf-install-devel] unable to find installed package

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sun Mar 1 00:20:46 UTC 2009

Hi Hugh,

You're right that the installer should take care of this. This is the
variable that ASDF-Install uses to figure out how to do this:

(defvar *system-file-installer*
   'maybe-symlink-sysfile
   "A funcallable object that will install a system file so that it
   can be found by its defsystem. This function is not
   defsystem-specific. It will receive two arguments; a pathname
   designating a directory where the system file should be registered,
   and a pathname designating a system file to be registered. The
   return value is ignored. The default value is a function that
   creates a symbolic link on UNIX-like systems, and does nothing on
   Windows.")

As you can see, it doesn't do anything on windows. There are certainly
ways that this could be improved but it's not clear when the time will
be produced to do so. Sorry.