[asdf-install-devel] run-program on 1.0.13 on windows 2000

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Jun 20 13:37:29 UTC 2008

I've been trying to test asdf-install on VMWare Windows 2000 (hosted
by OS X) under SBCL 1.0.13. The SBCL version of ASDF-Install just
hangs an the portable version gives an unenlightening error message.
The problem seems to be with calls to external programs. If I start
sbcl and try

(with-output-to-string (out)
  (sb-ext:run-program "path-to-handle.exe"  nil :output out :wait t))

SBCL just hangs. If I give up and type control-C, I am returned to the
shell.

Any thoughts on debugging this will be much appreciated,

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738