[asdf-install-devel] Patch for Windows tar execution

Dan Muller pikdj2002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:22:02 UTC 2007

Gary King writes:
> (This e-mail is entirely about the mechanics of applying the
> patch and not about ASDF-Install at all...)
>
> I did get your patch (I didn't get the previous one (most
> likely it ended up in junk and I missed it) but I darcs isn't
> happy about applying it. It says:
>
> > [misterx:~/darcs/ai/asdf-install] gwking% darcs apply windows-tar-
[patch contents...]

> Whereas this has the comment above the New Patches; your
> includes it both above and below.
>
> I wonder if this is a darcs change. I'm still using version 1.0.8.

I'm at work right now, so I can't check for sure, but I downloaded my
version from http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/CategoryBinaries only about
a week ago. So I'm likely running 1.0.9.

> I'm not sure if you should try sending again or if I should
> try applying by hand or if there is another option... Does
> anyone have any ideas?

I don't have time to investigate right now, but hopefully something on
the Darcs site will talk about version compatability issues. (If that's
indeed what it is.) There's a -u option for "darcs send" which I can try
tonight when I get home, it apparently generates the patch in a slightly
different format.