[asdf-install-devel] Dealing with tar on Windows.

Andy Cristina acristin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:47:14 UTC 2007

My knowledge of win32 tar implementations is a bit out of date, but
when I last worked on getting asdf-install to work on windows, bsd tar
for win32 was the most well supported one.  The various gnu tar ports
all had bugs, such as an inability to use paths with spaces in the
name (even escaping the spaces with a '\' didn't seem to work).

Would it be worth looking into removing the gnu tar/gzip dependancy
altogether in favor of a lisp solution, ala Edi Weitz' lispworks
startup thing?  Or is this too big a change for too little gain?