[asdf-install-devel] Patches - unit test improvements, clarifying refactorings

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Wed Dec 26 19:36:56 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

These patches are great! Thanks for all your work.

I've pulled all of the patches from before "Tue Dec 25 15:26:37
Eastern Standard Time" except for this one:

> Dan Muller<pikdj2002 at sneakemail.com>**20071225224604] {
> hunk ./asdf-install/defpackage.lisp 6
> -  #+asdf
> -  (:import-from #:asdf #:*defined-systems*)
> hunk ./asdf-install/installer.lisp 437
> -         #+asdf
> -         (*defined-systems* (if propagate $
> -                              (make-hash-table :test 'equal)
> -                              *defined-systems*))
> }

Unless I'm confused, this is necessary for the propagate command to
work (hmmm, I wonder if there is a test for that?).

I've also altered the patch that mostly involved tab/space
consistency. In the deftestsuite test-asdf-install (below), you had
removed the (:setup ...) clause. I've put it back but will remove it
if there is a reason for it being removed.

> (deftestsuite test-asdf-install ()
>   ()
>   (:dynamic-variables
>    (*locations*
>     `((,(merge-pathnames (make-pathname :directory '(:relative
> "site"))
> 			 *working-directory*)
> 	,(merge-pathnames (make-pathname :directory '(:relative "site-
> systems"))
> 			  *working-directory*)
> 	"temporary install")))
>    (*preferred-location* "temporary install")
>    (asdf-install::*private-asdf-install-dirs* "")
>    (asdf:*central-registry*
>     (list
>      (merge-pathnames (make-pathname :directory '(:relative "site-
> systems"))
> 		      *working-directory*))))
>   (:setup
>    (delete-directory-and-files *working-directory* :verbose? t
> 			       :if-does-not-exist :ignore)
>    (ensure-directories-exist *working-directory*)))

Let me know.

Now I need to look at the next batch of your work.

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738