[asdf-install-devel] Relative symlinks to sysfiles

Dan Muller pikdj2002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 26 02:34:35 UTC 2007

Chaitanya Gupta wrote:
> Dan Muller wrote:
>> I didn't test your patch, because I'm currently only testing on
>> Windows. Eventually I need to get myself set up for testing on my
>> Linux box, too.
>>

> And I can only test on OS X at the moment. ;)

FWIW, I just spent some time trying to test ASDF-INSTALL on my Debian
box. I haven't done much Lisp work there yet, so wasn't sure what to
expect. I basically just want to get ASDF-INSTALL's unit tests
running, initially with the stable release to make sure I'm set up
right.

I found that I had CMUCL installed already, so I tried that
first. Took some fumbling around to get ASDF-INSTALL to download and
install Lift. It didn't end cleanly; the self-tests didn't all
succeed. Then I tried the ASDF-INSTALL unit tests. No joy. Some error
in Lift regarding *WORKING-DIRECTORY* being unbound. Didn't get very
debugging it, either, no doubt due to my unfamiliarity with the
environment.

Then I installed SBCL and tried that. Here, the unit tests sort of
work, except that I get the prompt for the install directory each
time. I haven't tried debugging that yet.

So now I'm curious as to what environment Gary uses for testing...

--
Dan Muller