Next steps

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Nov 17 14:14:32 UTC 2021

The next item to merge is Alberto's !192. This is new functionality,
rather than a bug fix, so I am considering adding a `main` branch,
retiring `master`, and moving most activity there, with an eye to
getting the first 3.4 release underway. That would permit me to start
merging a number of things that add new capabilities that don't seem
like a patch version.

Alternatively, we could just keep `master`, but it seems like that is
becoming old standard practice, so changing to `main` would comply with
the new de facto standard established by GitHub.

Then, if we want to back patch, we can create a `stable` branch and
cherry-pick onto that (using `maint` would create too much potential for
confusion).

Thoughts?