System cleanup

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:44:01 UTC 2021

>   I'm proceeding with the second issue in my system, and it seems that
>   the problem is still here (ASDF 3.3.4.10). With this inside:
>
>     :components (#+sbcl (sb-grovel:grovel-constants-file "sbcl/constants"
>                           :package :net.didierverna.clon :if-feature :sbcl)
>                (:cffi-grovel-file "cffi/constants"
>                  :if-feature (:or :allegro :clisp :lispworks))
>                ...)
>
>   SBCL complains (as well as all but ACL, CLISP, and LW):
>
> debugger invoked on a LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {1001888243}>: Error while trying to load definition for system net.didierverna.clon.termio from pathname /Users/didier/Documents/Science/Software/Common Lisp/clon/termio/net.didierverna.clon.termio.asd: don't recognize component type :CFFI-GROVEL-FILE
>
> If I understand :if-feature correctly, the whole component form should
> be ignored, right?

Before it can be ignored, it must be defined. And so as to define it,
its class must be defined. I suppose we could have some error class
that it used when the class it not defined, that would only trigger an
error at runtime if the feature is true. I'm sure the current / next
sucker^W maintainer will accept patches.

...so that IBM Java envangelist tells me "nothing spread as fast as Java",
to which I answer: "crack!"...