Rejiggering the branches

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jul 12 16:42:07 UTC 2021

If `stable` seems bad, is there another name we could use to avoid
renaming?  Like `maint` for "maintenance"?

I don't love `maint`, because it's too close to `main`, and it seems
like `main` has an edge in familiarity if not in meaningfulness.

`legacy`?

Unless we can come up with something better than `stable`, it seems like
the least-worst alternative.  But there's all week to come up with
something better!

Cheers,