Rejiggering the branches

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jul 12 13:59:16 UTC 2021

As we move forward, and try to add some new facilities to ASDF, this
seems like a good time to revise the branching structure that we use.

In particular, I would like to add a `stable` branch that will permit
continuation of the 3.3 release series, the need for which is
illustrated by Mark E's recent merge request.

If we are going to make that change, it seems like a good time to rename
the `master` branch to either `main` or `dev`.  Any preferences?

I'd like to have a quick discussion about this over the week, with an
eye to getting a solution in place by Friday.

Thanks for your thoughts,