Build Debian release file?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Jul 3 17:46:51 UTC 2021

On 3 Jul 2021, at 11:56, Eric Timmons wrote:

> "Robert Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info> writes:
>
>> Is anyone out there willing and able to build the Debian library for
>> 3.3.5?  It's not something I am able to do myself.
>>
>> Eric T -- is there any chance we could put the Debian build process
>> into
>> the CI?
>
> Yeah, that should be possible. How is it built? I saw a debian-package
> target in the Makefile, but near as I can tell it doesn't do anything.

To me it looks like the Debian building process got moved into
`tools/release.lisp` and not restored when I rolled back to using the
shell and `Makefile` (I was never able to get the lisp scripting code to
work reliably for me, nor could I figure out how to debug it).

I can see if I can de-lisp it for the moment and put it back in the top
level `Makefile`.