Jenkins expertise?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Oct 15 17:19:10 UTC 2020

> On Oct 14, 2020, at 20:03, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

[…]

> We should be able to provide somewhat of a progress report tomorrow around this
> time as to how far we actually got to running the ASDF CI under Jenkins.

After discussion with Dave Cooper and Erik Hülsmann today, it seems that it
would be easier for the CLF to get the ADSF test suite running under the Gitlab
runner architecture rather than installing a whole Jenkins instance.  My time
was somewhat less available today than expected, so I am not entirely finished
in my research, analysis, and general thinking.  Please argue if running the
ASDF test suite under Jenkins is at all necessary, or was simply the easiest
tool available when Robert started working on CI for ASDF.

@Robert:  would it be satisfactory to have the output of the ASDF tests
available in a non-Jenkins environment?  Do we need to run the ADSF tests under
OSs other than Linux, that is do you current test other environment likes
macOS/Windows/FreeBSD?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."