Question about version in submitting patches

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Nov 27 15:59:56 UTC 2020

I'm going to table this discussion on the grounds that "this ship has
sailed." Faré set the pattern for version numbering, for good or ill.
Since that is the case, I'm going to decline to get into the discussion
of the "good or ill" question, and simply say that it would be far too
disruptive to change the version numbering scheme at this point.

Best,