PATCH: SIGNAL a condition on test failures, for use with ASDF:TEST-SYSTEM

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 03:04:53 UTC 2019

> > Note that my recommended solution is for a test library to create a
> > report file with a test-report-op (that always succeeds at creating a
> > report file, but the report file may indicate failure), and the
> > test-op just depends on the test-report-op, and signals and error if
> > it didn't indicate success.
>
> What branch of the ASDF repository is this in? These are the only two
> mentions of test-report-op in master:

There is no branch of ASDF doing this, and so far as I know you don't
need one: just define your own subclass of system for which test-op
has a suitable method. And if you're using my advanced proposal and
the inherited methods don't suit you, just skip the
(call-next-method).

> I do not understand how test-report-op would help in making a
> generic version of the test script I posted:
> https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/uri-template/uri-template2/blob/master/run-tests.lisp

The two are orthogonal. What test-report-op would do is help avoid
re-testing systems that haven't changed, if and when you do massive
incremental testing of lots of systems.

Your script looks mostly good. I would use lisp-invocation instead of
ros, but I can see merit to ros, too.

—♯ƒ • François-René Rideau
The state is the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly it lies, too; and this
lie creeps from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people."  — Nietzsche