PATCH: SIGNAL a condition on test failures, for use with ASDF:TEST-SYSTEM

Vladimir Sedach vas at oneofus.la
Mon Sep 16 02:49:41 UTC 2019

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
> Note that my recommended solution is for a test library to create a
> report file with a test-report-op (that always succeeds at creating a
> report file, but the report file may indicate failure), and the
> test-op just depends on the test-report-op, and signals and error if
> it didn't indicate success.

What branch of the ASDF repository is this in? These are the only two
mentions of test-report-op in master:

TODO:23:** Replace test-op with run-test-op and test-report-op ?
doc/asdf.texinfo:2743:on a deterministically repeatable @code{test-report-op},

In particular this paragraph:

Of course, the @code{test-op} for your system could depend
on a deterministically repeatable @code{test-report-op},
and just read the results from the report files,
in which case you could have this method return @code{t}.

I do not understand how test-report-op would help in making a
generic version of the test script I posted:
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/uri-template/uri-template2/blob/master/run-tests.lisp

Vladimir