long-description

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Thu Feb 21 09:30:52 UTC 2019

Eitaro Fukamachi <e.arrows at gmail.com> écrivait:

> To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it anymore and I don't follow it in
> my recent products. I'm willing to delete the code from CL-Project,
> though I have nothing I can do for existing projects.

  Not a big fan either. What I usually do is use the description slot as
  a one-liner, and the long-description one as some kind of abstract
  about the project. My README files are usually longer, more elaborate.

  Also, FYI, Quickref uses README files as an introduction section in
  the generated reference manuals automatically. This is a
  functionality that I plan to move to Declt at some point. Having a
  whole README file in the long-description slot would look weird in
  Quickref-generated documentation.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info