long-description

Eitaro Fukamachi e.arrows at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:20:15 UTC 2019

Hi Faré,

Probably, I'm the first one who started the custom.

However, I suppose it's technically not widely used because of Quickdocs,
since it also searchs README file at the project root.

Perhaps, it may be because CL-Project, my project generator, has been
adding the code to the new ASD file.
https://github.com/fukamachi/cl-project/blob/master/cl-project.asd#L33-L35

I just thought it might be useful if it could be refer by calling
'asdf:system-long-description' from REPL,
or someone would make some utility tool using long-description in the
future.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it anymore and I don't follow it in my
recent products.
I'm willing to delete the code from CL-Project, though I have nothing I can
do for existing projects.