Lowercase naming requirement for systems?

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:30:29 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 4:08 PM Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

> It's actually there, at least if you are looking for it.

In my own defense: I did look for it and I did find that text, but
didn't find it helpful. It says the name of a system is conventionally
lowercase -- this is not the same as saying that it is required to be
lowercase.

I found the text about pathname specifiers as well. I didn't see a
requirement there because neither the system name nor component names
were specified by the grammar or the commentary on the grammar to be
pathname specifiers.

Thanks again for your help,
Robert Dodier