how to distinguish public vs private (entry-point vs internal) systems

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Feb 6 14:36:17 UTC 2019

On 6 Feb 2019, at 2:22, Jim Newton wrote:

> When creating an lisp application I usually have one (or several) what
> I call top-level asdf systems
> which advertise the public interface to the application, and I may
> have several internal systems
> which are used but not intended for public use.
>
> What is the convention with asdf to distinguish entry-point systems
> from internal/private
> systems?

I generally try to use either Faré's "slashy" systems (like
"shop2/common") in my work.  When I can, it's even better to use a
`:module` which isn't visible at all.

I think what you are really asking is "how should I name a system that
the user should never load *directly*?"  I don't have a great answer to
this question.