spurious reloads with systems not following the foo/bar naming convention?

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Tue Jan 30 18:18:09 UTC 2018

> I believe this is the bug that was fixed in 3.3.1.3.

FYI, there's no such tag pushed into the official repo.

https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/tags

using HEAD, the test case i sent doesn't fail anymore, but our own
issue still prevails. it's a large environment with many systems, but
the symptom looks the same, although for us due to cxml.

i couldn't easily test with an older version of ASDF because my SBCL
already ships with 3.3.0.1 (preventing an easy downgrade), but it used
to work until recently.

after i edit cxml.asd to follow the foo/bar convention, i see a few of
these, that may or may not be the cause of the spurious reload that i
still see:

WARNING:
  Computing just-done stamp in plan NIL for action
  (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:COMPILE-OP "iolib/syscalls" "ffi-types"), but
  dependency (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:PREPARE-OP "iolib/syscalls"
  "ffi-types") wasn't done yet!

WARNING:
   Computing just-done stamp in plan NIL for action
   (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:COMPILE-OP "iolib/os" "ffi-types"), but
   dependency (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:PREPARE-OP "iolib/os" "ffi-types")
   wasn't done yet!

WARNING:
   Computing just-done stamp in plan NIL for action
   (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:COMPILE-OP "iolib/sockets" "grovel"), but
   dependency (ASDF/LISP-ACTION:PREPARE-OP "iolib/sockets" "grovel")
   wasn't done yet!

please note that this is not a burning issue for us, it's just a
friendly heads up with the hopes that it's useful.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39