Testing for ASDF 3.3.2 and beyond?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Wed Feb 14 19:02:44 UTC 2018

OK, as I said, sorry about the delay.  Anton, in place of Fare's #3
below, will you please just test what's in the
`syntax-control-based-on-standard-syntax` branch?  The comparison
between 2 and 3 will tell us to what extent it's an issue to lock in
standard syntax instead of whatever happens to be the current readtable
when ASDF is loaded.

Thanks!

On 13 Feb 2018, at 22:36, Robert P. Goldman wrote:

> I'll get you a branch with the other setting for the syntax control,
> so you can just test with that instead of having to modify anything
> yourself. I'll get it pushed sometime tomorrow.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Feb 13, 2018, at 20:15, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Faré, hello.
>>
>> Sorry for replying so long - I'm almost paralyzed by too many things
>> I need to deal with currently.
>> I've started tests for the following commit. Will follow-up with the
>> results.
>>
>> commit 2a5bc3bece8f97fdf64dc73a4e0544a55ae38f9d
>> Author: Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net>
>> Date:   Tue Jan 16 16:20:15 2018 -0600
>>
>>    Bump version to 3.3.1.3
>>

>> 02.02.2018, 23:06, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:
>>> Dear Anton,
>>>
>>> can you run the below tests, in order or priority?
>>>
>>> 1- Can you test what is currently in master, a.k.a. 3.3.1.3, as a
>>> release candidate for 3.3.2? It has been too long since 3.3.1 was
>>> released with several bugs that have impacted Quicklisp users.
>>>
>>> 2- Can you test what is currently in the syntax-control branch as a
>>> release candidate for 3.3.3 or 3.4.0? We want to merge syntax
>>> control,
>>> but it's a significant enough change that we don't want it at the
>>> same
>>> time as the bug fixes. Also...
>>>
>>> 3- Can you test what is currently in the syntax-control branch as a
>>> release candidate for 3.3.3 or 3.4.0, but with the following
>>> addition
>>> just after you load asdf but before you start using it:
>>> (defparameter
>>> uiop:*shared-readtable* (copy-readtable nil)) ? Indeed, we want to
>>> see
>>> what breaks if we disable extensions implementation-specific reader
>>> extensions. Test most important on CCL. I don't expect much breakage
>>> on other implementations, but it may exist, too.
>>>
>>> 4- While you're at it, can you also run the test, at least on sbcl,
>>> with (defparameter uiop:*shared-readtable*

>>> https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/merge_requests/86