Testing for ASDF 3.3.2 and beyond?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 27 03:37:07 UTC 2018

17.03.2018, 21:52, "Robert Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.net>:
> Thank you very much, Anton. Question: is the inner-conditional-test
> failure on SBCL 1.3.21 not a regression?

Not a regression. Heap Exhausted often happens on SBCL for that library:
https://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/library/inner-conditional.html

That's a problem of SBCL's conservative garbage collector - it doesn't always
recognizes garbage that may be collected, thus exhausting heap.

> What about reversi on CCL 1.9? I guess if I understand correctly,
> reversi must have passed on CCL 1.10 and 1.11, so probably I shouldn't
> worry about this, either.

This error happens only with the presence of the new ASDF, but it's low-level
memory access level, thus it's, in any case, an error in CCL rather than
in ASDF lisp code.

For the record, it's easy to reproduce this way (the failure happens about 80% of time):

    $ rm -rf /home/testgrid/.cache/common-lisp/ && rlwrap /home/testgrid/lisps/ccl-1.9/lx86cl --no-init --load /home/testgrid/quicklisp-asdf3/setup.lisp --eval '(ql:quickload :reversi)' --eval '(ccl:quit)'

And it only happens in CCL 1.9. Since 1.10 the error doesn't reproduce.
So no worries for ASDF developers.