Can not upgrade to ASDF 3.3.0

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Nov 6 23:53:23 UTC 2017

On 6 Nov 2017, at 17:23, Vince wrote:

> Hello lispers !
>
> I wanted to install the latest ASDF 3.3.0 but got a bunch of errors. I
> extracted the tar into quicklisp's local-projects and loaded the
> installation script:
>

> (load #p"~/quicklisp/local-projects/asdf/tools/install-asdf.lisp")

Why did you use this installation script instead of using

```
(asdf:load-system "asdf")
```
or
```
(ql:quickload "asdf")
```
?

That script seems to be for `cl-launch`, and isn't what you need.

Please try one of the above methods instead, and let us know what
happens, with a backtrace again if you get an error.

I'm afraid I'm swamped right now and can't look into your stack exchange
question.  If you are still stuck, LMK later.  I should have some time
this weekend.

Thanks,