Upgrade failures for asdf-3.1.7 and later

James M. Lawrence llmjjmll at gmail.com
Thu May 4 18:17:54 UTC 2017

As I said, LispWorks PE provides an old ASDF. To verify this,

* download LispWorks Personal Edition
* launch it
* (require "asdf")
* (asdf:asdf-version)

Again, I am writing on behalf of users, not myself personally. I don't
use LispWorks PE or any LispWorks version for development. Others use
LispWorks PE. Some do so to evaluate not only LispWorks but Common
Lisp as a language. It seemed reasonable to prevent them from getting
into a borked state, if possible (and not too difficult or annoying).