Upgrade failures for asdf-3.1.7 and later

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Thu May 4 17:44:35 UTC 2017

My apologies if the misunderstanding was mine. I think there's a great
need for an implementation manager that forces its own ASDF, among
other things.In my smalll CL implementation .rc framework I wrote, I always load a
pinned ASDF, completely ignoring the host ASDF or the one in Quicklisp -
and also eschewing the ASDF upgrade mechanism. I found that it worked
much better and never broke in the last 4-5 years since.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix