ASDF release candidates

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:26:49 UTC 2017

I made another round of fixes based on Anton's test results.
There are more systems for me to test.

Common incompatibilities
-------------------------------
* people using deprecated functions, notably
SYSTEM-DEFINITION-PATHNAME or RUN-SHELL-COMMAND. See docstrings of
these functions for better replacements.
* people using clear-system from perform. That's a big no-no,
unhappily, it has been promoted by caveman and prove. Bad! Please undo
this thing, it confuses ASDF to no end. ASDF will know that tests need
to be re-run if you modified anything. If not, you can force a re-run
with (load-system :my-prove-system-test :force t).

Notable things
------------------
* Attila, the -api-impl failures are part of the cl-test-grid
infrastructure, not of the underlying systems tested by quicklisp, so
don't worry about it. All the hu.dwim.* systems build for me after
iolib and moptilities are updated. Some fail by lack of libgvc.so.4,
and some fail tests, but that's not my issue. I also had issues with
updating some repos with darcs, but could get a new copy from empty.

* I sent a fix to a fork, but the original may be unmaintained:
arnesi https://github.com/vseloved/arnesi/pull/1

Fixes I made
----------------

I directly pushed fixes to these:
asdf-dependency-grovel
asdf-finalizers

I submitted fixes to the following:
babel https://github.com/cl-babel/babel/pull/30
bknr https://github.com/hanshuebner/bknr-web/pull/4
caveman https://github.com/fukamachi/caveman/pull/95
caveman2-widgets https://github.com/ritschmaster/caveman2-widgets/pull/8
caveman2-widgets-bootstrap
https://github.com/ritschmaster/caveman2-widgets-bootstrap/pull/3
check-it https://github.com/DalekBaldwin/check-it/pull/20
cl-vectors https://github.com/fjolliton/cl-vectors/pull/4
madeira-port https://github.com/nikodemus/madeira-port/pull/6 (fixes sb-cga)
prove https://github.com/fukamachi/prove/pull/44
s-dot (send diff by email to martin loetzsch)
scriptl-examples https://github.com/rpav/ScriptL/pull/5

Fixed by my modifying ASDF to not complain about calling require in a lisp file:
series

Cannot reproduce (could have been fixed by some of my recent ASDF tweaks):
arrow-macros
arrow-macros-test
cffi-tests
cl-amqp.test
prepl
projectured.*
retrospectiff
screamer-tests
shelly-test
stump-touchy-mode-line

Brain, n.:
        The apparatus with which we think that we think.
                — Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"