weirdness with compile-op and retry restart

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 22:56:46 UTC 2017

> i asked myself: what exactly (asdf:enable-deferred-warnings-check)
> does? i couldn't answer. then i didn't find anything in the manual,
> and a brief inspection of the code also didn't satisfy my
> curiosity... so, i guess i'll just turn it off then... :)

It does save each file's deferrable warnings, to check them at the end
of the system.

So, for instance, if a file calls an undefined function, it will
verify that the function has been defined by the time the system is
done compiling, or not.

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.  — Stephen F Roberts