source-registry configuration

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Jul 20 22:24:40 UTC 2017

Let me make a suggestion: if you have any doubts, do NOT use conf files.
 Instead, put a call to initialize the registry into a lisp file (like
your init file).  That way you know exactly what and when is happening.
If you spatter configuration files all over the place, then suddenly you
have a big problem trying to even figure out WHAT is configuring ASDF
for you.  Also, the configuration files get read early, which means you
can't do what I would do, which is:

1. start up lisp.
2. load ASDF.
3. find the functions that set up the configuration.
4. trace them.
5. load your configuration.
6. see what happens.

I've been meaning to get to dealing with ##3 and 4 by providing a
recipe, and possibly some updates (there are some lambdas in there,
which make tracing non-trivial). But all my available time is eaten
right now by other ASDF chores....