lispworks patch

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 03:09:27 UTC 2017

> That is, instead of using with-upgradability, now we use EVAL-WHEN directly and disable :compile-toplevel for LispWorks.  It’s a solution for LispWorks 5 and 6, and won’t cause any problem in LispWorks 7.

If that's what it takes to make it work without warnings, that sounds
good to me.

> With this further changes, now I can run the test suite and all your 67 tests passed in LispWorks 6.1.1:
>
> -#---------------------------------------
> Using lispworks-6-1-1-console.exe
> Ran 67 tests:
>   67 passing and 0 failing
> all tests apparently successful
> -#———————————————————

Great. And I suppose you also tested that you didn't break LispWorks 7.0.0 ?

> For LispWorks 6.0.1, however, there’re 3 failures:
>
> -#---------------------------------------
> Using lispworks-6-0-1-console.exe
> Ran 67 tests:
>   64 passing and 3 failing
> failing test(s):  test-deprecation.script test-sysdef-asdf.script test-utilities.script
> -#———————————————————
>
> For LispWorks 5.1.2, unfortunately the test scripts cannot quit from LW environment after each test, I have to manually quit by pasting a (quit) into REPL. But after doing such things 67 times, all tests have passed:
>
> -#---------------------------------------
> Using lispworks-5-1-2-console.EXE
> Ran 67 tests:
>   67 passing and 0 failing
> all tests apparently successful
> -#———————————————————
>
> LispWorks 5.1 is the oldest non-free LispWorks edition I own on Windows. (On Linux I have LispWorks 5.0 purchased in 2007)
>
> Attached new patch is a further enhancement of my previous patch.  I think the 3 failures in LispWorks 6.0 must be caused by separated issues specified for that LW version, which I can try to fix later.

I don't think anyone else but you is using those versions of
LispWorks. Certainly neither Robert nor I. We will gladly accept your
patches, as long as you make sure you don't break anything by passing
all tests on all recent implementations that could be affected by your
changes (including notably LispWorks 7, but also, say, SBCL, for good
measure).

It ain't what a man don't know that makes him a fool;
it's the things he knows that ain't so. — Josh Billings