Running tests with test coverage enabled

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 12:59:39 UTC 2016

I recommend that you write run tests, etc., in a separate process, as
orchestrated by a script that just after it loads ASDF
1- loads all the library code for which you do NOT want test coverage
2- turns on coverage
3- configures the asdf-output-translations to redirect object files
for those systems that you DO want coverage (and only those) to an
alternate location
4- load the rest of the code
5- runs the test

Reasons for existence are usually provided for things that don't exist;
they would be wasted on things which do. — Saul Gorn