ECL on Windows

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sat Nov 19 01:03:08 UTC 2016

I apologize, but I think I am going to have to proclaim ECL on Windows
as officially unsupported by ASDF.

There are underlying bugs in ECL on Windows that preclude ASDF
functioning correctly. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anyone
able to maintain ECL on Windows, and given that, attempting to keep ASDF
working on that platform just piles up failing tests.

With apologies, as of now I am removing "ecl_bytecodes" from my Windows
test suite (I was already unable to test vanilla ECL because of not
having a C compiler on Windows).

If there are patches available and a means of verifying them, I would
like to see Windows ECL support come back, but at the moment the
community seems entirely unable to support this platform.

Note that ECL is still supported on Mac OS X and Linux.