Simple (?) Windows question

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Mar 25 07:48:14 UTC 2016

On 2016/3/21 21:15, Robert Goldman wrote:
> Is there some way that a CL implementation can know whether it is
> running under a Unix-alike like Cygwin or MinGW?

Another point to consider in finding the Right Thing here:

Since ABCL runs on the JVM and the JVM is a Windows "native" executable,
there is no difference for ABCL whether it has been invoked under cygwin
or not.  Of course, since we have a fair about of specializaion  in
ABCL's PATHNAME implementation to smooth over the differences between
Windows and UNIX representations, notably in the normalization of
NAMESTRING results, the problems you are trying to engineer around here
don't show up in ABCL from what I can tell.

is nothing to compare to it now."