ASDF3: How to globally disable output translations on Windows

9nauuk 9nauuk at hmamail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:22:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just upgraded from SBCL 1.1.4 to SBCL 1.3.3.  As a result, I
I had to upgrade to ASDF3 from ASDF2.  To make matters worse,
I had to do this on a computer running Micros*t Windows (XP, to
be exact.)  I'd like to keep object files together with source
files.  With ASDF2, a 00-disable.conf file of a single line of
(t t) in directory
  $HOME/.config/common-lisp/asdf-output-translations.conf.d/
would do the trick.  I was surprised this does not work with
ASDF3.  After poking around for quite some time, I came across
Section 13.5.2 at https://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf.html.
Adding a 99-disable-cache.conf file per the instruction at that
section still won't make ASDF3 keep object files with my source
files.  I know I can call ASDF:DISABLE-OUTPUT-TRANSLATIONS in my
.sbclrc but I also have a lot of Lisp code to be processed by
SBCL invoked with "--no-sysinit --no-userinit".  If you know how
to wholly disable the compiler output cache on a Windows machine,
I'll be grateful you can drop me a line.

Best wishes,

9nauuk