MAKE function documentation -- example of use?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sat Jan 30 23:59:16 UTC 2016

The make function description in the documentation is not described
well.  It seems to imply that there is a default operation for each
system that the system developer can specify somehow, without saying
how.  I see that there's a FIXME suggesting that we need to document the
BUILD-OPERATION option for DEFSYSTEM.

It would be nice to have an example that shows how MAKE is intended to
be used.  Not a super-detailed example, just a quickie to show that this
is not a feature in search of a use....

Anyone used this?

thanks,