Where is cl-launch.asd?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:59:02 UTC 2016

> But then Allegro chokes later on inferior-shell, with this very weird error:
> ;;; Writing fasl file
> /home/tunes/.cache/common-lisp/acl-10.0-linux-x86/home/tunes/cl/inferior-shell/process-spec-tmpsoqm5w7d.fasl
> ; While FILE-COMPILING #'"process-spec.lisp" in
> #P"/home/tunes/cl/inferior-shell/process-spec.lisp":
> Error: Object (QUOTE PIPE) cannot be written to a compiled file unless
> an applicable method is defined on make-load-form.
>   [condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]
>
> There is a `(pipe , at args) using fare-quasiquote, but it is read as a
> regular list, so I don't understand what allegro is complaining about.
> I may have to file a bug against allegro, but in the meantime, it
> can't load inferior-shell or asdf-tools. Sigh.

The problem was my using an overly old version of optima. Updating
optima solved it, and allegro can load inferior-shell and asdf-tools.

Profit is the signal which tells us what we must do in order to serve people
we do not know. By pursuing profit, we are as altruistic as we can possibly
be, because we extend our concern to people who are beyond our range of
personal conception. — Friedrich Hayek