Where is cl-launch.asd?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 08:54:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> I went to cl-launch and did "make" and after that asdf-tools loads, but
> with the following warning:
>
> ; Fast loading
> ;
> /Users/rpg/.cache/common-lisp/acl-9.0-macosx-x64/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/tools/release.fasl
> Warning: While compiling these undefined functions were referenced:
>          INFERIOR-SHELL::PROCESS-WAIT from character position 5216 in
>            /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/ext/inferior-shell/run-generic.lisp
>          INFERIOR-SHELL::MAKE-PIPE from character position 4086 in
>            /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/ext/inferior-shell/run-generic.lisp
>          INFERIOR-SHELL::RESULT-AND from character position 3252 in
>            /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/ext/inferior-shell/run-generic.lisp
>          INFERIOR-SHELL::RESULT-OR from character position 2958 in
>            /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/ext/inferior-shell/run-generic.lisp

I fixed these by disabling run-generic in inferior-shell (it was an
unsuccessful experiment contributed by a user to have inferior-shell
support pipes natively rather than by spawning a shell with
run-program, only ever ran on sbcl, and then again, not perfectly).

But then Allegro chokes later on inferior-shell, with this very weird error:
;;; Writing fasl file
/home/tunes/.cache/common-lisp/acl-10.0-linux-x86/home/tunes/cl/inferior-shell/process-spec-tmpsoqm5w7d.fasl
; While FILE-COMPILING #'"process-spec.lisp" in
#P"/home/tunes/cl/inferior-shell/process-spec.lisp":
Error: Object (QUOTE PIPE) cannot be written to a compiled file unless
an applicable method is defined on make-load-form.
  [condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]

There is a `(pipe , at args) using fare-quasiquote, but it is read as a
regular list, so I don't understand what allegro is complaining about.
I may have to file a bug against allegro, but in the meantime, it
can't load inferior-shell or asdf-tools. Sigh.

It's not ignorance that does so much damage;
it's knowing so darned much that ain't so. — Josh Billings