Where is cl-launch.asd?

Faré fare at tunes.org
Mon Jan 11 05:38:06 UTC 2016

cl-launch extracts the .asd file from cl-launch.sh, and thus doesn't
include it in its git. Usually it's extracted by the Makefile's target
source or install_source, but we try to keep the git checkout pristine
except for the build/ directory (though, unhappily, test/ is also
touched, and even the main asdf/ directory, by some test and release
scripts).

The asdf-tools script has its own defsystem "cl-launch/dispatch" to
work around that.

What are you trying to do? You may want to make -C ext/cl-launch
source, or to emulate the defsystem used by asdf-tools.

If the human mind were simple enough to understand,
we'd be too simple to understand it.
        — Pat Bahn