uiop parse-native-namestring portability?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:12:46 UTC 2016

    Jared> Hi,
    Jared> Hrmn, this also seems to provoke an error in CMUCL:

    Jared> * (uiop:ensure-directory-pathname (uiop:parse-native-namestring "."))

    Jared> Error in function LISP::UNPARSE-UNIX-FILE:
    Jared> Invalid value for a pathname name: "."
    Jared> [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

FWIW, I looked a little deeper and I see that
(uiop/pathname:split-unix-namestring-directory-components "."
:ensure-directory nil :dot-dot nil) returns

:relative
NIL
"."

That means the path (directory?) is nil (and :relative), the name is
"." and file-only is T.  But "." is always a directory on unix, so
split-unix-namestring-directory-components isn't returning what I
would expect.  I would expect :relative, NIL, NIL, T.  (Or maybe
file-only = NIL?)

--
Ray