3.1.7 status

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Feb 29 20:24:08 UTC 2016

On 2/29/16 Feb 29 -1:44 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Jason Miller <jason at milr.com> wrote:
>> On 11:46 Mon 29 Feb     , Robert Goldman wrote:
>>> the 3.1.7 release candidate now passes all tests on Mac and Linux, for
>>> me at least.
>>>
>>> UIOP does not seem able to detect cygwin -- it has code that looks like
>>> uiop:os-unix-p should return t when cygwin is running, but that code
>>> seems not to work. It looks for a :CYGWIN feature which is not present,
>>> at least not under SBCL.  I can see that uname -o returns "Cygwin", but
>>> can't run that from inside SBCL -- catch 22.
>>
>> I believe that code only detects if the lisp host was linked with
>> cygwin, which makes sense because then the lisp host will think that it
>> is running on a posix system.  If the lisp host is linked as a native
>> windows executable, then using windows style pathnames is correct
>>
> Note that the lisp script for driving tests also runs with Windows
> pathname style (on whatever style is native to the lisp implementation
> that was used to compile asdf-tools, by default ccl, sbcl or allegro
> all of which use Windows pathname style).

Right, but I'm not using the lisp script any more.  The last time I
tried, it blew up being unable to build the lisp scripting executable. I
believe that you added code that was intended to build the scripting
engine as a standalone executable, rather than simply loading and
running, but I'm not really sure.

I'm sure that this bug is fixable, but it's the straw that broke this
camel's back.

cheers,