Version 3.1.7.7 has been pushed

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 02:23:05 UTC 2016

Dear Elias,

I gave a cursory look at your PR curently culminating at
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/commit/f8068ef93f71908f3c7786c62e94f0c9c615f271

1- Why do you  (setf (fdefinition '%wait-process-result)
#'wait-process-result) ? I can't find any mention of that symbol in
quicklisp besides copies of asdf or uiop. I propose you kill that old
symbol and rename the new one to whatever you prefer. wait-process or
process-wait, without -result, would be nice. Though whether you use
process as prefix or suffix, try to make it coherent in all function
names.

2- Similarly, when deciding what to do with internals (or even
externals), grep'ing the contents of quicklisp is good policy. Though
regarding external symbol, even if no one in quicklisp uses it, it's
good citizenship to go through a complete 2-year obsolescence cycle.

3- I find %if-on-lispworks7+ particularly ugly. I'd create a feature
and add it in common-lisp.lisp. But I admit this is a weak preference.

There are three types of people in the world;
those who can count, and those who can't.