extending uiop/run-program

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Aug 1 23:09:53 UTC 2016

On 8/1/16 Aug 1 -5:06 PM, Elias Pipping wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
>> On 01 Aug 2016, at 04:25, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>>
>> If you were to move your work on uiop:run-program to a long-lived topic
>> branch, I could test it on a wide variety of implementations on Mac and
>> Linux.
>
> Sure, that sounds good. I’ve requested an account on
>
>   https://gitlab.common-lisp.net
>
> for this purpose.
>
>> Currently, my Windows-testing VM is out of commission, so I need to fix
>> it, but at that point I could probably test there, as well.
>
> Great!

My Windows box is now fixed.  Sort of.  But I really don't understand
Windows, and have no desire to learn.  I can run the tests, and check
their results, but that's about the limit.  I have no intention of
fussing around with cmd.exe and the like...

Some time ago, Faré suggested that it might be worth replacing use of
cmd.exe with powershell in UIOP/run-program.

I don't really know what powershell is, but I get the impression it's a
shell that's less horrible than cmd.exe.

Best,