Spurious ALLEGRO failure

Faré fare at tunes.org
Wed Sep 30 19:01:39 UTC 2015

>>> These tests don't do multiprocessing, but do test the ability to
>>> capture output indeed. Is there a way with alisp.exe to redirect
>>> dribble output to the stdout console?
>
> No, but I have never personally seen a situation I couldn't work
> around this issue.  (alisp is a Windows program and they can't have
> bindings to stdout/stderr/stdin.)  alisp.exe using dribble => temp
> file => use temp file in chain of pipes => remove temp file.

In this case, we're specifically relying on the console interface to
run tests against various implementations and report results on the
console. Certainly, we could provide a wrapper for Allegro only, but
that would be a stretch. So far as I can tell, Allegro is the only
implementation solving this issue that way in Windows.

There are just two rules of governance in a free society:
Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself. — P. J. O'Rourke