Spurious ALLEGRO failure

Kevin Layer layer at franz.com
Wed Sep 30 18:41:25 UTC 2015

Faré wrote:

>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>> > I'm getting what look like spurious failures on tests of "allegro" in
>> > test-program.script.
>> >
>> > I *believe* that what's going wrong here is that lisp-invocation is
>> > getting confused about how to find the right ACL runtime.
>> >
>> > If you look at run-tests.sh, you will see that "ALLEGRO" is initially
>> > bound using the funky logic at the top of the file, but then is REBOUND
>> > on windows to use buildi instead of alisp on that platform....
>> >
>> From the mention of buildi, I assume this is on Windows.
>> Yes, something weird happens due to to the environment variable
>> ALLEGRO taking precedence with buildi.
>> From what I remember of last I tried, it was all working in the
>> minimakefile branch
>> if alisp was in your $PATH

Btw, I meant to mention this before, but the build.exe and buildi.exe
really shouldn't be used.  They have issues with multiprocessing.

alisp.exe has +s (Windows only) and -L (load) and -e (eval)
arguments.  You can also use dribble to capture output, in case that's
why buildi.exe was being used.

Kevin