(asdf:operate :build-op :system) creates image in ~/.cache/[...]

Florian Margaine florian at margaine.com
Mon Sep 28 19:01:01 UTC 2015

Faré,

Following our IRC discussion, I'd like to show a workaround in the
meantime (for future googlers):

> <Fare> not using quotes around asdf:program-op, it should work

This does indeed work. So the .asd file would be like this:

(asdf:defsystem #:my-system
  :description "foo"
  :serial t
  :depends-on (:sb-posix)
  :components ((:file "package")
               (:file "my-system"))
  :build-operation asdf:program-op
  :build-pathname "my-system"
  :entry-point "my-system:main")

And the my-system binary is created in the current folder.

Regards,

--
Florian Margaine